Corey Augenstein has produced a Best MLM Companies issue in Network Marketing Today’s special issue for the last 15 years. The next issue should be out shortly. The 2007/2008 Edition listed the top 9 companies in the industry, or Distributor’s Choices. We briefly review each company, based on some of the latest company information:
1. USANA Health Sciences (Number one Choice for the 10th Year Running). USANA was founded in 1992 by a scientist, Dr. Myron Wentz as a manufacturer of high-quality nutritional supplements, and now is operating in fourteen markets internationally. Net sales in 2008 were approximately $429 million. USANA’s compensation plan is based on the binary system.
2. Xango (Was #5 in Previous Year’s Issue). Xango was founded in 2002 by Gary Hollister, Aaron Garrity, Joe Morton, Gordon Morton, Kent Wood and Bryan Davis. The company operates in twenty-nine markets internationally. Although privately held, they reported cumulative sales since inception were over $1.5 billion by November 2008. The compensation is based on a nine level unilevel plan.
3. Agel (Was #2 in Previous Year’s Issue). Agel, a nutritional products company, was founded in 2005 by Glen Jensen. The company operates in 20 markets worldwide. The compensation which is hybrid, pays to 7 levels.
4. 4-Life (Was #3 in Previous Year’s Issue). 4-Life is a nutritional products company founded in 1998 by David Lisonbee. They operate in 40 markets worldwide, and report up to 64 percent payout from the 7 level unilevel compensation plan.
5. Bestway (Was not in Previous Year’s Issue). Bestway Network was founded in 2002 in Spain. Although we could not find the website which was listed on MLMInsider.com, the company reportedly uses a binary compensation plan.
6. Isagenix (Was #4 in Previous Year’s Issue). Isagenix is a nutritional products company founded in 2002 by John Anderson (considered in top 3 private label manufacturers and formulators), Jim Coover (previously CFO of the Cambridge Diet) and Kathy Coover (renowned trainer in MLM). The company uses a binary compensation plan.
7. Sisel (Was not in Previous Year’s Issue). Sisel (Science, Innovation, Success, Energy, and Longevity) International was founded in 2006 by Tom Mower and his son Tom Jr. The company provides personal care products and dietary supplements and uses a hybrid compensation plan.
8. Intway (Was not in Previous Year’s Issue). Intway Corporation provides hosting, web and financial instruments for online investing business as well as nutritional products. The company was founded in 2005 by a group of entrepreneurs and operates using a binary plan.
9. Monavie (Was #8 in Previous Year’s Issue). Monavie was founded in 2004 by Dallin Larsen and now operates in 10 international markets. The company produces a nutritional drink made from the Brazilian acai berry and brought in $854 million in revenue in 2008. This is obviously a hot growth company and the founder was recently recognized in BusinessWeek’s Entrepreneurs of the Year award.
Would any of these companies be a good fit for an entrepreneur just starting out? It is interesting to note that one of last year’s winners may have already disappeared. So perhaps it would be a good idea to choose carefully. It is also interesting to note that Mr. Augenstein reported in this issue that “I could only find about 32 companies to consider for my Best Companies List..” And that is out of the hundreds of MLM companies currently operating.
Where does your company stack-up if you’ve been around awhile? Are you in the top 10? In either case, the secret to MLM success after choosing a company that you can develop a passion about is having an effective marketing system.
For too long, network marketers have ignored the crucial aspect of effectively marketing their business. This can take the form of either online or local/offline activities, but all activity should eventually be sent to a an effective sales funnel, the best of which are currently powered online.
For a test drive of the planet’s most intelligent and effective sales funnel, please visit our MLM Lead System Pro lead generation and training system.